Whatsapp Will Soon Allow To Edit “Sent Messages”
WhatsApp is reportedly getting Gmail’s coolest feature : Recalling sent messages. If we have a look to the report in WABetaInfo, the Facebook-owned messaging service is currently testing a new feature that will allow users not only to ‘recall’ but also edit sent messages.
The functionality is reported to have a glimpse on WhatsApp beta version 18.104.22.1689 on iOS. In a tweet, WABetaInfo also claims that the changelog with these ‘upcoming new features’ too is available. “Changelog of #WhatsApp #beta for #iOS 22.214.171.1249 is available now!” according to the official tweet.
As per the changelog on site pastebin.com, following are the upcoming improvements and features :
- Updated Catalan, Arabic, Czech, Danish, German, Spanish, English, Finnish, French, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Korean, Marathi, Norwegian, Dutch, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Slovak, Swedish, Thai, Turkish, Vietnamese, Simplified and Traditional Chinese localizations.
Added Swift Libraries.
WhatsApp 2.17.1 is now compiled using the iOS 10.2 SDK.
Some internal improvements that allow to WhatsApp to manage the well known “whatsapp groups” better.
- Added the possibility to mute a status (has been already added in Android). #hidden
- Improvements to play audio.
- Added the possibility to edit your messages that has been already sent! Though you cannot edit very old messages. #hidden
- Added the possibility to revoke messages. Though you cannot revoke very old messages. #hidden
- Added the possibility to remove a whatsapp status. #hidden
- Many improvements for the existing backup feature.
- Many improvements for encrypting media in the backup.
- Added Low Light Mode for the WhatsApp Camera. It is automatic.
- Many improvements for Whatsapp Status, in particular to verify if there are new statuses.
Many other improvements for Status, particularly for the badge.